Sun, Mar 10|
Advanced Master Tung's Acupuncture: Kidney-water System
Dive into an in-depth exploration of the Metal-Lung system's physiology and pathology, a pivotal component of our study in Modern Tung Acupuncture (MTA). This module is meticulously structured to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of this crucial system.
Time & Location
Mar 10, 2024, 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM GMT+1
About the event
Welcome to our journey through Master Tung’s Acupuncture (MTA), a distinctive approach to acupuncture that diverges from traditional methods. In this system, we categorize acupoints not by the conventional 14 channels, but through a unique focus on Zang-fu organs. This shift in perspective offers a deeper understanding of the body's systems, as exemplified by acupoints like Ling Gu and Da Bai, which are integral to the lung system.
Central to our study is the theory of the five elements and Zang-fu organs, a cornerstone of MTA that offers a more nuanced understanding than the traditional 14 channels theory. This course, which I've meticulously designed based on extensive research and clinical experience, delves into the majority of MTA points, offering a comprehensive exploration of this innovative system.
Webinar/Recording Structure and Key Highlights
3.5 hours i.e. 210 min
The link for the webinar will be sent to you in the registration confirmation email.
You can also join the whole course
Welcome to our focused exploration of the Water-Kidney system within the realm of MTA. This course addresses a common challenge in acupuncture: effectively treating kidney system disorders. Typically, patients with these disorders present with complex, multiple deficiencies, making traditional acupuncture treatments alone less effective. However, when complemented with moxibustion, the efficacy can be significantly improved. The problem is the clinical use of moxibustion is quite limited in our daily practice. In MTA, we have access to unique and powerful points, such as Xia San Huang - Lower Three Emperors, specifically tailored for addressing kidney deficiencies. Our journey in this course will lead you through a detailed examination of the Water-Kidney system's physiology and pathology. Understanding these aspects is crucial for effective treatment and is a central focus of our MTA studies.
This course is designed meticulously to ensure a comprehensive and deep understanding of this vital system. Whether you are a seasoned practitioner or new to the field of acupuncture, this course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to address kidney system disorders more effectively using the unique approaches of MTA.
- In-Depth Physiology and Pathology: We begin with a concentrated summary that delves into the intricate workings and potential dysfunctions of the Water-Kidney system, laying a solid foundation for practical applications.
- MTA Points Selection: Discover carefully curated MTA points specific to the Water-Kidney system. This selection is designed to optimize your treatment strategies, enhancing both understanding and efficacy.
- Treatment Protocols: Learn specialized protocols for treating common kidney system disorders. These include urinary tract infections, incontinence, bladder infection, stones, edema, fatigue, ED, infertility, etc, Our focus is on practical, effective treatments you can apply in clinical settings.
- Case Studies and Research: Enrich your learning with real-world case studies and cutting-edge research. These elements bring theory to life, demonstrating the impact and application of MTA in various clinical scenarios.
This module is crafted for both the novice and the seasoned practitioner, aiming to broaden your knowledge and sharpen your skills in treating the Water-Kidney system using MTA methodologies.
Learn more on MTA Acupuncture
Initially, Master Tung's Acupuncture was a closely guarded oral tradition, exclusively passed down within the Tung family. Breaking with this tradition in 1962 in Taipei, Master Tung accepted his first disciple from outside the family. In 1973, he authored his first textbook, 'Dong Shi Zhen Jiu Zheng Jing Qi Xue Xue' (董氏针灸正经奇穴学), translated as 'Tung’s Extraordinary Acupoints on Ordinary Channels'. This was a culmination of his experience, intended for educational purposes. Today, it stands as one of the most sought-after and esteemed schools of acupuncture.
Studying MTA is particularly beneficial because it offers:
- A novel understanding of points from the first acupuncture classic, 'Huang Di Ming Tang Jing' (Yellow Emperor's Bright Hall Classic), published approximately 138 BC to 106 AD, with points distributed by zone rather than in a meridian.
- Direct effects on targeted organs, tissues, and pathogens, e.g., ovary point, liver gate, brain, San Chong (Three Levels) for tumors due to Qi stagnation.
- Strong effects as 2 or 3 acupoints are selected in the same area simultaneously, e.g., Si Ma (Three Horses) for various lung diseases, Xia San Huang (Lower Three Emperors) for various kidney deficiency disorders.
- A limited number of points, usually in two regions, combined based on the Sheng-ke theory of the five elements.
- Smart location between channels, meaning one point can regulate two channels.
Consequently, MTA points are notably effective in treating pain and chronic organ disorders, including a combination of deficiency and excess conditions, such as asthma, Bi-syndrome, and gynecological disorders."
- Ticket type
MTA Course SeriesSale ends: Mar 09, 11:50 PM GMT+1
Mar 09, 11:50 PM GMT+1